Wednesday, October 18, 2006

USA all the Way

Hmm. So let's see. My thoughts on Immigration. When it comes to serious issues such as this one I find myself having a very neutral opinion. I tend to agree partially with both sides of the argument. I find it really hard to make up my mind when it comes to this issue.
For instance I completely agree that in no way should we delegate English as the one and only language of the country. It to me is unfair and unjust. We should welcome other languages and cultures with a warm and understanding heart. English is a very difficult language that takes years upon years to master. I myself still am discovering things about the language I was born and raised to know. America wouldn't be American without a wide variety of people that we have. We all blend together to made the USof A. Although some immigrants might travel to America for the wrong reasons whether it be for illegal or criminal uses, along with these bad come many more good. Immigrants are completely stereotyped and we fail to relieve them of this burden. In no way do I think we are better than these people. I would say we are more fortunate to live in a place with so many great opportunities.
On the other hand I agree that immigration is a growing problem. I agree we must find some way to stop illegal immigrants from coming to the US. Along with this I believe it would be so much better if the process of citizenship was easier. It seems that the tests they must complete are long and hard. I want immigrants to become a part of this country. I want them to take advantage of the privileges that we have and they have not yet experienced. In no way am I saying that immigrants shouldn't be apart of America. I want them to become legal and enjoy their stay here and not have to live in isolation because they are scared of the consequences of getting caught.
America is continuing to grow and change daily. We as Americans must choose if we want it to change for the better or for the worse. This is our homeland and we have to embrace new citizens into the arms of our nation.

No comments: