Wednesday, October 11, 2006

illegal immigrants

I enjoyed the first and second readings on Hazelton. It kept my attention and I wanted to keep reading because it was about a place so close to home. Mayor Barletta shows a very strong idea and I agree with it. I feel that he understands both sides but in order to do what is best for that town he is doing the best he can. Some of the actions he took or is planning to take I feel went a little over the line such as having certain people carded and making English the official language becuase there are people there legally that may look a certain way and may not speak english and I don't feel like they should be put through this hassle just because others are doing things illegally. Also, with all the letters of support he has gotten that greatly outnumber the oppostition letters that shows that he is definately going in the right direction for what the people of Hazelton want.

No comments: