Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Conservative on Complexities

Hello all---just got done reading the articles for today. Regarding "The Framing of Immigration," The only thing I identified with was near the end, when it described the "conservative view" on the immigration problem. The rest of the article was more of the same, more of what we've been hearing--Bush is messing it up, etc etc--and I especially hated the "Refugees are worthy of compassion" quote. It's probably why I LOVED the gigantic 25-page article--"Respect for the Law and Economic Fairness: Illegal Immigration Prevention." I know, I know--I say how much I love simple, get-to-the-point type junk, but this was fabulous. The pie charts were a nice addition--but the sections were almost as if I had written them--they were just, BAM! Here it is---Illegal means you're breaking the law--"The best way to show compassion for illegal immigration is to END illegal immigration." Just go through the process, you know? Just legalize yourself---the article stresses a "balanced and reasonable" amount of legal immigrants, which I also agree with. "If it sounds like amnesty, it will fail." You hear that Georgie? You know I love you, but the "Temporary Worker" thing that the first article went into is NOT gonna work. My favorite thing of all was the "LANGUAGE TO REMEMBER" section at the end of the long article--that's my type of junk right there--simple, direct--I could frame it and hang it on my wall.
I suppose we'll talk more about this later---see you all then!

No comments: