Monday, October 16, 2006

...between this class and Geography, college is killing my ink supply. (aka. Printed articles.)

As I'm searching for immigration articles, it's easy to tell that the loudest voices tend to be the ones opposed. In fact, I do have a few of those, since they're easy to find.

There are some others, though, that are interesting. One is from Mexidata.info, entitled "Mexico and the US to Share a 'Wall of Shame'", which is much more sympathetic to the immigrants--as many come from Mexico, and that's worth looking at. A valid opinion from Hispanics doesn't appear quite as much. Maybe it makes us look weak? I'm not sure.

Also, I have an article from... Vail, Colorado that is interviewing candidates on that topic, which brings in the politics of how one answers the question of what to do and get elected. You know that's an issue. Everything is brought up in politics here. Immigration and what to do with it isn't politics in itself, but that is a factor. ...I know what I mean, really!

Finally, after all of these that separate the population on this issue, I found one that takes the middle ground, talking about how immigration is important and what we could do to make it more legal without hurting the economy. It's... refreshing to see something that isn't polarizing. Maybe that's how life really is, but it doesn't really show in the news. That wouldn't be shocking, after all, and would sell less papers. ...profit is a factor in media, though I doubt they'd admit it.

I'll probably need to find more stuff, but this covers a good, basic range.

No comments: