Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Shopping causes me to make dots at the screen.

I'm finding it hard to care about this article at all. I never was one to hang out at a mall with friends--in fact I'm not even sure where we would have even gone. On the other hand, I'm not much of a shopper either. ...okay, I lie, I like to buy books, but I don't need to go to the mall for that.

It makes sense that the mall owners and tenants wouldn't like having the non-customers there, since they want money, and possibly need extra money to survive as they are. It also makes sense that people would want to come inside of a building instead of staying outside--especially in summer and winter--and would do that with a building that they're allowed to enter (because it's usually loitering that get people in trouble).

Making references and comparisons to religion and warfare seems harsh, but at least they're both equally intense.

The theme? Designers/experts aren't always right, of course. That's pretty obvious. Also, it's what we were talking about in class. I just can't really say anything except that I agree in general but am clueless about this specific situation.

No comments: