Monday, September 11, 2006

Mall Rats and Statistics...

Well...I don't know...I thought that the writing was rather boring. It didn't really tell me anything i didn't know from my own experience, as far as teenagers hanging out at the mall goes. I know at the mall where I'm from we call friday freak night. This is not saying that all the crazy people come out on friday nights to the mall, but friday nights are over run with gangs of 12-17 yr olds just hanging around. The thing is that these gangs of kids aren't nice gangs of kids..many of them are kind of scary..I know my mom doesn't like going to the mall on friday nights because she's scared. I didn't really see the point of the writing. I don't know if i just didn't read it well enough or what. I got the part about kids just walking around and enjoying window shopping. I do that. I'll walk around the mall with no purpose of buying anything specific, but I don't hang around the mall for hours. I just stay their long enough to go through all my favorite shops.
I don't know why store owners wouldn't want teenagers around their stores because teenagers are usually given a good amount of money from their parents to spend. I could see, however that these young people might heckle older people if the store isn't the kids' genre. I could also see how groups of kids causing a ruckus might make people ike my mom wary about going to the mall and shopping. And this I suppose would scare off buyers.
I think that it's good that people make use of a mall other than actually going there to buy stuff, although i guess the shop owners don't like it very much. But why would you write about it? Malls are made for people to buy stuff in, this is true but there is nothing amatter with people using it for different stuff like walking and just window shopping. When going to buy something at a mall, i'm not bothered by the non-buyers. Non-buyers don't change my mind about buying a certain product.

No comments: