Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I remember when I used to piss off the old people at the mall...

Those were good times. This article totally blew, but there were a few things I did like about it. This isn't my type of read, so naturally by the middle of it I lost interest, but the intro definitely sucked me in. I loved the author's churchy metaphors that he used to describe consumerism. I can also understand where he is coming from with his opinions about the weak vs. the strong, and having mallrats f___ up the program for owners and other consumers. Other than that, it was a horrid read. I hate writings with statistics and too many quotes, so that was a definite downgrade. Plus the whole article had that creepy, power-hungry feel to it, and I am not into that either. Power is usually bad, especially when it involves money (which is most of the time). The only good part about this reading was that I got to have fun flashbacks to all of those crazy times at the mall when I used to cause chaos and mayhem. I wish I was 14 again, lol.

No comments: