Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The "unprofessional" workforce

While reading all three of these essays one idea kept popping into my mind. This was the fact that most of the jobs discussed in these books are what we would call unprofessional jobs. For example in Schlossers essay on success he talks about a man who owns a Little Ceasers Franchise and the many people who made it by investing in the Mcdonalds franchise in the 1960's and 70's. If someone told be that they owned a Little Ceasers I would normally think, Wow they really arnt that drivin. But aparently i would of been wrong. I gather from this particular essay that owning a franchise is a rather hard task to handle.

So is owning a franchise and unprofesssional career. After reading these essays i'd like to say that I have changed my mind. Although its not being a lawyer or a doctor or even a teacher, to own a franchise you need some professional skills in order to keep the buisness running. I guess what my main point is that I now see that you dont have to be a conventional professional to be a successful person.

No comments: