Monday, October 22, 2007

Nobody Beats the Wiz

I found reading Nobody Beats the Wiz to be very entertaining. It was very similar to some training that I had to do for my own job. The stupid acronyms and the customer comes first mentality taught for every job. It seems that no matter what your job is you are taught the basics of what you are supposed to do and are taught more in depth on how to treat the customer. Whereas we are all taught how to treat customers correctly, it is not the customers we care about. In fact, it is just their money. I believe that we are taught all this information on how to treat customers in the hope that with a good shopping experience, they will choose to spend their money at our store and tell other people to come to our store to spend their money. I think its partially ironic to sit at a meeting listening about how its "all about the customer" being fully aware that its "all about the customer....'s money." Many other things talked about in this article I could also see in my job. Such as, the warranties they were supposed to sell and asking about the Wiz card. These things make it seem like you care about the customer, but in actuality, all things are designed to make more money for the customer. I don't think it would be possible to find a store that truly cares about the customer and not just the customers money.

No comments: