Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Keep America Rolling

While reading this article, I found some of his points to be valid, but it sounded more like a "sales pitch" to me. I agree with the author on the fact that when a tragic event, such as September 11th, occurs the nation has to continue as usual other wise our country will suffer more and the attackers will achieve their goal. Like, the author, Rick Wagoner, states, their will be series of firsts after a tragic event, but it is important to not let it fully impact our lives. While, I understand that it is important to keep a strong economy after these situations, I felt like the article wanted people to buy GM cars to keep the economy strong because GM cares about the country and works to help support the government. Overall, the tragic event impacted our society and the article I felt tried to use the event to promote sales.

No comments: