Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Earning the Grade

I am a lazy procrastinator. It's true. I never do anything on time. This is the perfect example its 10: 30 and i'm doing an assignment for a class at 12:00. Although I hate to admit it, I will.
Just yesterday one of my professors exclaimed how even she was a procrastinator and that she had only ever met one person in her life who wasnt. When you look at things such as grades and the amount of success someone has obatained you would n ever think of them as being procrastinators, but as people who prepare for the future. Why, then do we have so many successful procrastinators? My answer comes from the text about Harvard. I believe that we are lowering our standards and letting people slide through just because they "need" to. Although it is unfair to say that no one works for anything anymore, I believe that many of us dont.

This is a big problem. Many people are doing only what they have to in order to succeed and "make money". I believe that when your not working hard for what you get then you really dont deserve it. My senior year at highschool the grading scale was changed. An "A" was no longer anything between a 90-100, but was now between a 94-100. therefore in order to keep up my grade point average. I found that working for and recieving the 94 was a lot more rewarding than working for and recieving the 90. In my opinion the professor from Harvard is right. It is important that the grades we earn are the grades we trully deserve.

No comments: