Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"Education is..."

"Education is one of the few things a person is willing to pay for and not get." This quote by William Love Bryan really caught my attention. I thought it was an interesting statement and once I thought about it I saw how it was true. College is not cheap, in fact it is the most expensive form of education. Still, many college students do not take full advantage of it. It seems that many college students pay that high price just to sleep through class and show up only to do mediocre on tests. I think its a shame that students are willing to pay such a high price to come and learn and not take full advantage of all the opportunities given to them. Would you buy a sandwich and not eat it? Probably not. So why pay for an education, but not show up to learn? It is sad that this quote is true, but you see it happening everyday and I do not see it changing anytime soon.

No comments: