Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Parents Think I'm Crazy for Hating Wal-Mart

For so long I knew of Wal-mart's devious activity. I remember reading the the headline of undocumented workers being fired from Wal-mart when I had went on to AOL that day (I switched a while ago so don't think I'm some hypocrite). Wal-Mart employed undocumented immigrants to act as a janitorial staff. I told my mom and she considered it for the time. My brother thinks my hatred of Wal-Mart thinks I'm imitating those who do and only trying to be "in". I like to buy movies and dvds, I'm a big pop culture buff. I insist on buying form no Walmart retailers or any corporate retailers if need be. My mom and brother believe I'm a fool for not wanting to by a Dvd for only 20 bucks, but i stick to my guns.
My mom does the large scale grocery shopping at Wal-mart or Sam's Club, Wal-mart's twisted sister. But yet my parents complain constantly about how products aren't carried routinely, lines are extremely long and how the store is packed with people despite the time or day. If they only knew how Walmart dares to treat it's employees, then soon I wouldn't need to feel so out of place with my hatred for Mal-wart.

No comments: