Monday, October 31, 2005

Oh. English class?

After having been assigned this paper I-don't-know-how-many-weeks-ago and having a not so great stretch since last Wednesday, I have yet to be productive enough to create something that I didn't feel like throwing out after a few sentences.

So far, I have formulated several ideas that I hope to embellish. First, I approach the issue of the lack of billingualism among the vast majority of Americans and the problems that arise domestically and internationally as the result. Next, I intend to analyze the cultural ramifications of our de facto unity of language. Finally, I plan to outline educational programs that are being implemented now to encourage the mastering of a second language, and I also hope to make some suggestions myself.


Also, I hear Mahoney's a straight-up criminal? I'm going to start sitting in the back of the room. Or maybe move my seat closer to the door.

No comments: