Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My sad little abstract...

I am not entirely sure that I will have my draft finished tomorrow, but I have a very detailed outline that I have produced that I will now extract an abstract from:

In my paper (outline), I introduce the form Democracy took when the colonies separated from England and became the United States to get things going. Then, straying from the path a tiny bit I address the privilege of voting set down in the US Constitution and the suffrage movements that have led to voting being a civil right to all people. I present my views on the voting public, the voting process, the factors that lead people to not vote, and the media infuence on young voters (to get very specific). Interlaced throughout my paper, I talk about the views I have on these subjects, how they came to be, and how it was growing up with a very conservative father and hoping that he wouldn't kill me if I told him about my views about certain things.

Currently, I intend to quote Ian Angus (since his essay was all about democracy and how it has changed) and Mary Louise Pratt, and I have a few other online sources I will use as well.

No comments: