Thursday, September 27, 2007

What Blouke Carus had to say.

I have to admit that when reading this text I got a little aggrivated. Althouhg, like Becky said our education system is not perfect, I dont believe half of what Carus had to say was fair. Is there an education system out there that is completely perfrect? I think not! Yes, there are certain things about our current education systems that should be changed. One of the few things I agree with in Carus' speech is the fact that our math departments are seriously lacking in highly qualified teachers. I do believe that there is something that can be done about that issue. My point is although the american education system is not perfect, it is substantial.

My main reason for getting aggrivated with Carus, was the fact that he basically called the majority of high school and college students incompetant. This statement would not have been so bad if he hadn't put so much of the blame on the teachers, professors and institutions themselves. It is not the instructors fault for the lack of quality education so much as it is the govenments. Besides, putting my personal experiance into the mix, I feel that the majority of my teachers did a superb job at teaching us what we needed to know to both succeed academically and in life in general.

No comments: