Wednesday, November 08, 2006

...oh crap, I think my roots are showing.

Okay, so, I liked the first paper the best, with the analyzing architecture that I did. And at first I was going to do more of that type of work on architectural styles. Now, I'm leaning away from that--though bits and pieces are going to come up no matter what--since it's too broad, and just. No.

Instead I'll be writing about what I mentioned in class, how communities form their identities from the buildings around them. Need to do a lot of searching--what was the group mentioned in class last time anyway? Augh, can't remember. Anyway, let's see. I'll have to define what I mean by "community": maybe location seeping into identity? There'll certainly be mentions of culture, but focus on the buildings. Mmmm, buildings.

And what positives and negatives would creating identity like this have? Does it seem to work? How long does it take for a community to lose the identity they had during construction enough to build themselves around a new interpretation?

...I need to figure out what exactly to search for when I'm not caffinated. Because I, um, tried the large americano thing again say... 24 hours ago, and I still can kinda feel it. Oops.

And maybe throw my current main motivation into it. No, I never seem to learn. Shut up. <3

No comments: