Wednesday, November 08, 2006

my topic, hopefully


Are we out of Iraq yet? ha, just a litle post-election excitement. So I have no idea what I'm going to write about. Speaking of Iraq, that reminds me of the war on terror, racial profiling, hmmm, stereotyping. Stereotypical spaces, people, music, stereotypical genres of music for groups of people. Maybe I will look at the target audiences for various genres of music or different bands. What is the profile of the average, say, Primus fan? That's a tough one.
To investigate I could look on different bands' websites and see if that tells me anything about their audience. It would be interesting to see what bands are in it for the money, like most popular music out today, and what bands are out to make genuinely good music. I think a band's fanbase could be a decent indication of a band's main intention for creating music. For instance, if a band had a really good album, then their next album wasn't so great, maybe they tried to appeal to a wider audience and "sell out".
Also, perhaps I could examine why hip-hop has been such an enormous infuence on pop-culture the past few years. Or how any type of music has been an influence in the daily lives of the people who listen to it.

No comments: