Tuesday, November 07, 2006



I suppose I'm supposed to brainstorm stuff for this essay tonight...such as that wall (not this wall or this wall)...or maybe other issues such as Kutztown University and mullets...but I just wanted to post a picture of Itchy and Scratchy





actual version-----------------------------------------

I came to the realization that the Earth as a whole is just one enormous "space" filled up with a variety of little "spaces." These spaces are consumed by a variety of different things. There are man made spaces and natural spaces. One key issue that must be realized is that in order for a man made space to be created, a previously natural one must be destroyed. The destruction of nature is necessary to an extent in order to advance our civilazition, but the question we must ask is when does it go from "survival of the fittest" to greed. Beaches are destroyed every day for the purpose of tourism. Natural wetland habitats are filled for strip malls. Forests are clear cut for enormous stadiums and apartment complexes. Have we, as humans, began to take more of the planet then is rightfully ours? Are we destroying the planet we call home? I hope to determine through my research the extent of the destruction of natural habitat and the exact affect that this will have on key species and habitats. I intend to determine if we are after all worse for this Earth then any other species that came before us. I think I will probably focus more on the marine spaces because this topic is so broad.

a) Pictures were not uploading for some reason tonight? (I got one picture to work, still confused why?)
b) I swear I had all the links worked out then I hit spell check and it deleted them so I'm to pissed to do it again right now, maybe later tonight. (edit:now putting them in...again)

No comments: