Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm in!

Hey guys - this is Marilla. I already introduced myself in class today, but I will do it again. I commute to school every day from Oley (about 25 minutes). I'm actually still in high school - I'll graduate in June 2007. I'm part of the early enrollment program. The way it works is all the classes I'd be required to take my senior year of high school I take at KU and it counts for my senior year of high school and my freshman year of college. It's a very good deal. I'm an environmental engineering major. It's my hope one day to save the environment from all of the evil things we do to it. I'm also in Kutztown's orchestra and the Reading Symphony Youth Orchestra. (I play cello.) I swim with the Albright Aquatic Club, a USS swim team. Other than that I love to cycle, ski, kayak, and anything else that's outdoors.

2 comments:

K. Mahoney said...

Marilla,
Welcome! Very cool that you're doing the early enrollment program. I've had other students who've been part of that program and, yes, it's a good deal!

I hope you'll bring your environmental perspective to class with you everyday!

Unknown said...

That's really cool that you're still in high school and get to take college classes. It sounds like a great experience. And I think you sit behind me so you'll get to see the back of my head a lot.
-Elena