Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Drop/Add

Hey, y'all. I'm Laura Maurice, the girl in class who announced during introductions that she was planning to drop Honors Comp once her AP credits went through.
Yeah... About that...
Kutztown's drop/add process confuses the bejeezus out of me. Thanks to Kutztown's University, I am now lacking bejeezus. I am bejeezusless.
...There's an older man sitting in the computer lab four computers down whistling very loudly. "Oh, oh oh, it's magic, ya kno-o-ow." Fifteen minutes ago he was talking very loudly on his cell phone with somone who I can only assume was Public Safety, asking how he could register his vehicle. Noisy people should be given muzzles at the entrances to the computer lab and the library. Oh, God. Now he's whistling something else.
Right, anyway, I met with my academic advisor to ask her why my AP credits hadn't gone through, and she sent me to the woman who'd supposedly received my exam results and sent a letter of confirmation to my house. This woman told me to drop Honors Comp, add the class I'm replacing it with, and call her when I was done. I left her office at approximately 3:55.
Since the campus network appears to be all screwy today, I went to the computer lab and logged onto Online Student Services. I assumed that I'd be able to register online, considering it's the Drop/Add Period until Friday. But no, upon entering the Course Registration page I was greeted with a big, bright "Registration not allowed."
And I can't go to the Registrar's Office now, because according to the website it closed at 4:00 PM.
And I was told at 3:55 to finish registering by tomorrow.
But... The Office is closed.
And I can't register online, apparently.
Mon Dieu, je suis confus.
I was unsure whether I should bother doing the Honors Comp assignment, considering I'm technically still in the class, but am in the (long, complicated, exhausting) process of dropping it. So I decided to compromise, and partially complete the assignment. I'm posting an entry, but not I'm not commenting on the others because I don't have a lot of free time tonight. Sure, as a current student this makes my assignment incomplete, and makes me appear lazy. But after I drop this class, it'll be like, "She did the work for a class she was planning to drop? Golly gee, what a overacheiver! She deserves a medal!"
I really do wish I could take this class, because it sounds like it'll be considerably more interesting than the History class I plan to replace it with, but it would be a waste to take a course I supposedly already have credits for.
All righty, now that I've filled up a considerable amount of page space with this ranting post, I'm going to go wandering along Main Street with my roomies. Perhaps I'll be able to take care of this scheduling business tomorrow.
Or perhaps I'll just drop out of college and live in a box on the side of the highway, emerging only to kill and devour passing opossums, my only form of sustenance. It would certainly be less stressful than the registration process.
--Laura Maurice

4 comments:

renee said...

ahahaha...that really made me laugh

Danielle M. said...

Oh man, I hope you have better luck with that soon! I'd be so mad!! Nothing seems to be working right at KU yet, haha

Sandy said...

Good luck getting that fixed! I had some problems with my schedule too, but it all worked out eventually. I understand your pain though.

Melanie said...

I had a bit of trouble myself getting my AP credits to be acknowledged. You just have to pester them enough until they give in ;) The add/drop wouldn't work online for me either, apparently it's down for the entire campus but I could be mistaken. The regestrar should be able to help you. Best of luck in getting everything sorted out!! :)