Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Quag-Miers.

I should get bonus points for that title.


For my final paper, I intend to compare how two newspapers from the same city framed a recent news story, the nomination of Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court. The two papers I chose were the Washington Times (generally regarded as a more conservative publication), and the Washington Post (generally regarded as a more liberal publication). My research also extends to statements made by the administration pertaining to the Miers nomination (specifically statements from the President himself), and background information about Miers as found on Wikipedia.org. By evaluating how this issue was framed, I seek to understand the intention of each publication in its slant, and whether or not such allegations are entirely true.

No comments: