Thursday, December 15, 2005

Proposal I guess

This is extremely late, but here:

My final paper will take a look at punk rock, which as been a big part of my life in the past few years, and analyzes a few of the ideas behind it and argues how it can be considered a public space. It begins with a small introduction, and continues with some of the ideas presented in early anarcho-punk. I then explain the origins of the straight-edge movement, and some ideas found in newer punk. Then I describe the do-it-yourself ethic that's very prominent in punk rock and describe how all of this comes together to make the punk scene a place where boths bands and their fans can get together and exchange ideas through various mediums. One thing I should mention is that punk rock ideology is very broad and I am taking a more in-depth look at one small portion of it as an example, and not providing a general scope of all associated ideas by any means.

No comments: