Thursday, November 01, 2007

Keep America Rolling

I thought that Wagoner had two purposes during his address. One was obviously to lift people up after 9/11. He did a very good job, I think, He showed people that the most important thing was to "keep America Rolling". If we give up and do not press forward, then we give the terrorists the upper hand by allowing them to cause more damage than was already done. This was very important for everyone to hear so soon after the tragedy.

Another purpose was to put in a plug for GM. I found this incredibly annoying. He kept comparing America to GM and how the entire country should follow GM's example. I think this is ridiculous. A country is very different from a car company. Granted he was was comparing it to something that everyone in the room knew and could understand, I still found this a little shallow. I think he had more on his mind than comforting people.

No comments: